REJURAN is a TGA-approved injectable made of polynucleotides designed to kickstart the skin’s own collagen production. It is NOT a dermal filler nor an anti-wrinkle injection but comes under the bracket of a medical device. This is currently the only collagen promoting injection that can be used over the entire face INCLUDING the eye area (finally we can wave goodbye to dark circles and droopy eyelids!)
What the heck is a polynucleotide (PN)?
A REJURAN Polynucleotide (PN for short) is a group of biologically active molecules that are derived from the DNA of wild salmon! These have a very slow cell degradation and once injected help to aid recovery in both the dermis and epidermis of our skin. The PN in REJURAN is laboratory configured, meaning it won’t flare up an immune response as it bio-mimetic (mimics our skin make up!)
So how does it work & what are the benefits?
REJURAN provides a lattice-type foundation; a bit like a honeycomb scaffolding, to stimulate the surrounding tissue. This in turn allows new, healthy cells to replicate faster leading to an increase in collagen, growth factors and cytokines (skin proteins).
Benefits of the treatment include:
- Barrier regeneration
- Collagen synthesis
- Reduction in fine lines & wrinkles
- Improvement in elasticity
- Increase in hydration
- Regulates & balances oil flow
- Anti-inflammatory free radical reduction
Targeted concerns & suitability
So, the real question here is who is suitable for REJURAN, and which concerns will be most effectively targeted? As far as age range this treatment is suited to anyone who is experiencing extrinsic (external) or intrinsic (internal) signs of ageing – basically from the age of around 26 up, this one’s for you! Unfortunately, as with most injectable treatments, it is unsuitable during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding and as the active ingredient is derived from wild salmon this treatment is not vegan friendly.
Targeted Concerns include:
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Fine lines & superficial wrinkles
- Thin or crepey skin
- Loss of elasticity
- General rejuvenation of the eye area
- Any area of the face & neck can be treated
At Skindepth, we currently offer a wide range of bio-remodelling and collagen stimulating cosmetic injections already however are so excited to be able to bring in REJURAN i (eye!) to specifically target this delicate and often difficult to treat area.
Top things to know:
- 3 treatments are recommended, ideally spaced between 2 – 3 weeks apart to maximise results in the minimum time frame.
- Topical numbing is applied 30 minutes before the treatment to reduce discomfort.
- Initial swelling will be present directly after, so best to have this on a day where you can hibernate at home post treatment!
- Small visible bumps at the injection sites will be present and will subside within 2-3 days
- To maximise results an LED light treatment is recommended directly after
Best treatments & products to combine with REJURAN at Skindepth
LED light therapy – this will aid in the recovery process and help to reduce inflammation
Skin needling – collagen induction therapy also promotes natural cell renewal
Signature treatment – gets your skin barrier to function at its optimal level to maximise results
Skin better Science Alphraret Eye cream – a retinol based eye cream for fine lines and wrinkles
Skin better Science Interfuse Eye cream – peptide based eye cream for hydration and dryness
Societe Eye mask – gel eye pads to de-puff and soothe the eye area post treatment
To book your REJURAN treatment please give the clinic a call on (03) 9100 3183 or email email@example.com